- This event has passed.
Wed, Oct 26 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5
In the tradition of “The Moth StorySlams” and “StoryCorps,” the Community Center of Mendocino will be featuring local storytellers to celebrate the art of storytelling and learn more about members of our community.
Hosted by Nicole Laumb, the event will feature seven storytellers sharing 7-10 minute autobiographical pieces under the theme, “I didn’t know it at the time…”
This event will benefit the After School Enrichment Program; we’ll ask for a $5 donation as admission. Beverages (including beer and wine) and snacks will be sold.
Come unplug for an evening and settle into a story! Your speakers for the evening include:
- Nicole Laumb – An unwashed dish prompts two decades of questions.
- Jay Frankston – A reading from his book “Tales of Mendocino.”
- Maggie Barrett – A story about coming home.
- Karen Arnold – An 11 year old girl doesn’t know that learning a new skill will change how she looks at herself, and the challenges to come.
- Notty Bumbo – A treacherous journey on the Lost Coast in 1973.
- Becca Macfife – Small hands seeking small hooves, a tale of unlikely heroes.
- Our final speaker could be you! Come prepared with a 5-7 minute story to share, drop your name in the hat at the door and you could be drawn to tell your tale.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.