So much was accomplished in our first year – and there’s much more to do!
CCM needs your participation and your financial support to continue growing opportunities for recreation, connection, gathering, and enrichment that serve our children, teens, and adults of all ages.
What you can do:
- Become a financial supporter of your community center. Use the Donate button on this page, or the donation envelope in your mailbox in December.
- Offer your time, talents, and creativity. Do you have a program idea? Can you help bring it to fruition? Do you have a few hours you could donate for cleaning, data entry, or pulling weeds? Could you bake a batch of cookies for a potluck or performance, take on a small building project, or help with a Community Center event?
We are moving forward, creating a place where community thrives, and every participant shares in the rewards!
So far and ongoing:
- The After-School Enrichment Program served 240 students last year, and enrollment is up 30% this fall.
- Teen and adult classes in Pilates, Tai Chi, Jujutsu, Aikido, Yoga, Zumba, Japanese, and Circus Silks.
- Mendocino Munchkins play group and Music Together classes for parents and tots.
- Grants received from the Community Foundation, First Five, Rotary, and the Tarbell Family Foundation for new tumbling mats, exercise equipment, mowing equipment, and more.
- CCM is home to numerous support groups, spiritual gatherings, rehearsals, dances, performances, and other public and private events.
- Stone Soup, a community gathering produced by FLOCKworks in January.
- Fourth of July Grand Slam Baseball Skills Challenge and Family Picnic.
- Mendocino One World Festival in September.
- Monthly potluck gatherings that include an activity or discussion topic.
- Acoustic Kitchen, a monthly music series in cooperation with Mendocino Stories and Music Series.
- Successful summer enrichment program and environmental education intensive.
- Films for Thought, a film series in partnership with the Mendocino Film Festival.
- Weekly, sliding scale Acupuncture clinic.
- Ever popular with parents: Kids Movie Nights and Annual Halloween Party.
- Friendship Park renovation.
- Landscape refurbishment and xeriscaping.
- More classes for everyone including first aid and childcare training for teens, kids basketball clinics, and tumbling for parents and tots on our new phthalate free, EnviroSafe mats.